Hop til indhold
Tantra

Dansk hyggesnak eller dansk for begyndere :-)

I hope the heading is correct :rolleyes:...
It is probably standard that in Denmark, if you are not Danish, you speak to customers in English. But I would like to be able to have a little small talk in Danish.;)

I looked at something online last week but it's too difficult to translate at times. Right now I can only wish you a good day, say thank you, tell the cashier in the supermarket whether I want to see the receipt or not and a few other simple words or short sentences.

Maybe there are some nice people here who can translate something and maybe even write down a few sentences in Danish + translation.
Like this one<3:

Nice to meet you

Please tell me something about yourself

Can I ask you a question

What's your name

My name is x......

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg
Guest Grydeskeen

Nice to meet you = det er rart at møde dig.

pleas tell me somthing about yourself = fortæl mig noget om dig selv.

can I ask you a question = kan jeg spørger dig om noget / må jeg stille dig et spørgsmål

what`s your name = hvad er dit navn / hvad hedder du.

My nage is = mit navn er.

it is very hard to learn danish bye Reading, becaus you Will not have the right pronunciation.

if you uge Google translate ther are the possibility to hear the Word if you Press the ikon with the speakers.                            

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg

Dear @Tantra

The danish language is so difficult, and it is correct as Grydeskeen writes: "you will not have the right pronunciation" if you only read the sentences.

I am known as a good man, and I will also in this specific situation offer my assistance to a woman in need of help - and I will offer to spend an evening and a full night with you, and I will promise you and give you a guarantee that after spending time with me then you are able to speak a lot more danish - maybe even be a fluent speaking woman. I know you are now thinking "Oh, that sounds so amazing, but it is just way to expensive to be able to have such an incredible learning experience". DONT WORRY DEAR, I am willing to offer you a very reasonable price for such an arrangement. Just write me, and we can take the further negotiations in a more private manner :) ;) :D :P.

Take good care dear, and I hope you are enjoying your stay in Denmark. You seem to be an extraordinary woman (in my opinion), and if my travel arrangements one day may collide with yours then i would be delighted to have the privilege of making your acquaintance.

Redigeret af Sherlock

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg

Hi Tantra,

I just googled free danish classes online...

https://speakspeak.dk/danish-courses/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIscn6tpGd7QIVRPiyCh3t5QcaEAAYASAAEgKsovD_BwE

https://www.danishclass101.com/?src=gc_learn_search_nonbrandedsearch_danish-class_435792762127_&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIscn6tpGd7QIVRPiyCh3t5QcaEAAYAyAAEgLMwPD_BwE

https://international.kk.dk/artikel/danish-language-courses

I dont know any of these sites, or if they really are free, alot of internet sites, that promises something for free, when you actually take a look it turns out they are not free.

But just an idea to search a little on the internet and see if there is something you can use.

Good luck with your danish studies.

Kvindebeundren

Redigeret af Kvindebeundre

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg
Tantra skrev, for 10 timer siden:

It is probably standard that in Denmark, if you are not Danish, you speak to customers in English. But I would like to be able to have a little small talk in Danish.;)

I looked at something online last week but it's too difficult to translate at times. Right now I can only wish you a good day, say thank you, tell the cashier in the supermarket whether I want to see the receipt or not and a few other simple words or short sentences.

Maybe there are some nice people here who can translate something and maybe even write down a few sentences in Danish + translation.
Like this one<3:

Nice to meet you

Can I ask you a question

What's your name

My name is x......

Dear Magnolie

A very interesting and very useful topic. I think it is a very good topic. Thank you very much. This topic and your other topics are very exciting and I very much like your topics. I think other GP’s also can make use of the responses, so to learn a bit of Danish words. Maybe it could ease the stay in Denmark. I hope that my humble contribution below may be useful:

Good morning = godmorgen

Good evening = godaften

Pleased to meet you = rart at møde dig

How are you? = hvordan har du det?

How was your day? = hvordan har din dag været?

Are you feeling well? = har du det godt?

What time is it? = hvad er klokken?

Can you show me the way to..? = kan du vise mig vej til..?

Where is the nearest supermarket? = hvor ligger det nærmeste supermarked?

Please = Venligst / Hvis du vil være så venlig at...

May I have? = må jeg bede om?

I need to go to the toilet/bathroom = jeg skal lige på toilet

Can you tell me where is the toilet? = Kan du oplyse mig, hvor toilettet er?

And as we are getting closer to Christmas season:

Happy Christmas = glædelig jul

Cheers = skål

/DenSidsteKavaler

Redigeret af DenSidsteKavaler

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg
Tantra skrev, for 10 timer siden:

Like this one<3:

Nice to meet you

Can I ask you a question

What's your name

My name is x......

My take on the ones you mention:

Rart at møde dig. 

Fortæl mig lidt om dig selv. 

Må jeg spørge dig om noget?

Hvad hedder du? 

Jeg hedder...

Please say so if you want pronouncation tips. As stated, it is not at all obvious how to pronounce from what is written. 

For some good sentences to use in bed, I would recommend to learn the word "dejlig/dejligt" which can be use universally for good, lovely, nice. 

Det er dejligt: It feels good

Du er dejlig: You are nice/lovely

Du har en dejlig krop: You have a nice body

Du kysser godt: You kiss good

Slik mig: Lick me

Rør ved mig: Touch me

Jeg vil have dig: I want you

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg

@Kwindeboundre,

Thank you for the input, I'll take a look at the pages<3

@ Greedelskeen Thanks for the translation<3, it is actually sometimes strange with the translation and the pronunciation is the next hurdle.

@ DenSidsteKavaler & @ Lauersen Thank you for further sentences and formulations<3

"Slig mig" -  how do you pronounce it?:rolleyes:

@ Sherlock,

Maybe we will actually "collide", then, contrary to all my beliefs, you have to book at least one night for the first meeting - I don't know your qualities as a Danish teacher now, but immediately afterwards I'll write a review about your skills, then in Danish of course, and we then let the community decide @ sanook may act as a judge ;)  - how "good" my Danish became.:rolleyes:
By the way, thanks for the compliments and the refreshing contribution.<3

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg
Tantra skrev, 1 time siden:

@ DenSidsteKavaler & @ Lauersen Thank you for further sentences and formulations<3

"Slik mig" -  how do you pronounce it?:rolleyes:

the first i is pronounced a bit like in "dick" (sorry for that example). Just replace d with sl. The i in mig is more like in high, so just replace the first h with m. So, like it is written, just rhymes with "dick high".

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg
Tantra skrev, for 15 timer siden:

It is probably standard that in Denmark, if you are not Danish, you speak to customers in English. But I would like to be able to have a little small talk in Danish.

The heading is fine. The Danes are generally speaking reasonably good at English. That is both a curse and a blessing for non-Danes who settle in Denmark. In the beginning it's a blessing that the non-Dane doesn't have to learn Danish to do shopping, get a job and get Danish friends. The curse is that the Danes like to speak Danish, so even though the non-Dane gets friends, they don't become close friends and in company of more than one Dane,  the non-Dane will always feel a little off. Also, that the Danes speak English, means that the non-Dane can find it difficult to learn Danish. 

My advice - as a Dane who grew up outside Denmark and spoke (oldfashioned) Danish but didn't read and write Danish when I moved back - is to tell your customers to chat with you in Danish, if you have good chemistry. And then get hold of the old TV-series "Matador" and watch it with English subtitles. You will learn a lot of language as well as history about Denmark. And some about the Danish psyche too

Redigeret af tvr

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg

Well.
Obviously I cant provide much help on this subject.
As I know about as little Danish as you do.

But, let me just say, how sweet it is of you to try and learn a bit of the local language in order to provide even better service.
That does speak of your character and how dedicated you are to provide the very best service.
:)

Tvr makes a valid point, however.
It's both a blessing and a curse that people in the Nordic countries tend to be very good at English.
There's often little to no need for anyone, even living here for years to learn even basic conversation since most are happy enough to switch over to talking in English.
Some may not be quite as good as it as they think, but many are.

But, interesting topic and I see you have gotten several very good responses already.

Redigeret af Keaper
Missed word

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg
Tantra skrev, for 15 timer siden:

Like this one<3:

Nice to meet you

Can I ask you a question

What's your name

My name is x......

If you are familiar with the Babel Tower story from The Bible. 

When it fallen dawn and all the nations in the world received their languages, scandinavians, germans and dutchmen were among the last ones. 

When God asked them :"Wtf you want" and they asked for "languages", God gave them leftovers and told them to piss off.

I guess, only dutch is uglier than danish. 

German is classical music compared to danish.My former danish teacher had the audacity to claim danish has "musicality", I was thinking, he was on drugs, but typical danish arrogance(he was not willingy arrogant, just this national indoctrination of these people) 

Anyways, danish lesson for today 

"Danskerne er en flok bonderøver med et sygeligt stort ego" 

Danes are a bunch of hillybillies with a sick big ego. 

Del dette indlæg

Link til indlæg

Deltag i samtalen

Du kan oprette et indlæg nu og oprette dig som bruger bagefter. Hvis du allerede har oprettet en bruger, så log ind her for at oprette et indlæg med den bruger.

Gæst
Svar på denne tråd...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.